1. In late January, all students' cumulative fall semester GPA's will be calculated by the school. Those students who have a cumulative semester GPA of 3.8000 or higher will be considered for membership.
2. Letters will be sent out to potential members in February with important information. Students will be required to attend a meeting and must fill out paperwork and turn it in ON TIME in order to continue through the selection process.
3. The meeting for potential members will be held in late February or early March (date to be included in the letter). Students will complete a 5 sentence paragraph on BLEND NJHS course (which they must accept the invitation to join) explaining why they want to be in NJHS. Failure to submit the paragraph on time will result in the student being taken out of the selection process for that year.
4. Mrs. Nix (NJHS sponsor) will send out evaluation forms to every teacher of each student being considered. These evaluations forms are confidential and students nor parents will be able to see them. The teachers will rate them in these categories (as witnessed in the classroom or in the hallway): citizenship, character, leadership and service.
5. There is an NJHS Faculty Council made up of 5 teachers at Bailey (not including Mrs. Nix). Mrs. Nix is not a voting member. The Faculty Council looks at the scores from the teachers as well as their community service form to determine who will be selected as a member. A student must have a minimum of 90% of the total points in order to be considered for membership.
6. Letters will be mailed and emailed out to ALL potential members and their parents in April alerting them of their membership status. It is important to remember that membership is a privilege, not a right. Those students selected for membership must attend another meeting concerning the induction ceremony and must pay their dues on time. The date of the meeting and of the induction ceremony will be included in letters of those selected.
7. Please click on the "FAQ" page on this website to see what requirements Bailey NJHS members must follow.